Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Double Agent 73


There's much to love about Doris Wishman's sleazy parody of the spy film. So let's just get right to it, shall we?

1. The overly busty Chesty Morgan plays special agent Jane Renee. She's basically a ramped up fetishist's dream. Her tits are GI-normous, she has a relatively attractive face, although she does kinda look like a day-shift, about to be past her prime, stripper. Luckily, I love almost past their prime day shift strippers.

2. She can take pictures with her boobs via an implanted camera. She also uses them as weapons, in slow motion, no doubt.

3. Her shoes are fantastic! Platforms and towering heels. I also love the lingering shots of them. (This is sort of a Wishman signature - as I've seen the lingering feet shot in several of her films.)

4. The line 'you'll never get away with this!' Easily one of my favorite lines to hear in anything.

5. An anonymous heroin ring, fronted by a guy with a HUGE birthmark on his face and fake Russian accent! Anonymous!

6. Exploding lipstick.

7. Mad-cap car chases.

8. An overall blatant disrespect of the law.

9. Leopard wall paper and zebra sheets! Was this filmed in my house?

10. Death by earring, phone cord, and ice cube choking (three different deaths).

11. A pretty violent shower stabbing.

12. Plenty of mustachioed, Jess Franco-lookalike villains.

13. And her tits are also poisonous.

If you are uninitiated to Wishman yet, this might be a hilarious way to get you going. Literally.

15 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this one in one of the "DVD Delirium" books and thinking it sounded fun and now you've totally sold it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see this. Do you own it or what? I've picked up the DVD before at the stores but I'm not paying too much for discs anymore. Perhaps I should get into one of those video rental services. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erik. I don't own it; I had a copy from Netflix. I'm repeatedly fed up with buying stuff from Something Weird, because it takes a year for them to send you anything, and half the time they don't even send it. So I just Netflix their movies these days. It is not available on instant watch.

      Delete
  3. Jenn: ". . . A day shift stripper." I love that. Perfect. Every man has that picture in his head for instant reference.

    I'd love to see a biopic of Morgan's life. She really is a fascinating woman: A Polish war orphan, her fist husband killed in a holdup - another husband a Major League umpire. We are looking at Cohen Brothers gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's kinda got a lot lizard thing going on,too. Love it when I can work the term 'lot lizard' into anything.

      Sounds like it would be an interesting biopic.

      I see we are now Facebook friends :) We weren't before?

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't been on Facebook too long, just a few months. I joined because I was asked to be a judge for a new horror comic award: The Ghastly Awards. A Facebook page (not mine) is how the panel of judges communicates. I'm sort of just figuring it out. It's a bit scary for a hermit like me.

      Delete
    3. I had to look up lot lizard. I can't wait to use it now.

      Delete
    4. Hehe. I think Ray Garton wrote a book called LOT LIZARDS. And J.T. Leroy has a lot lizard or two populating his/her stories. It doesn't come up much, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Doris Wishman is one of my all-time favorite directors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the chance to see this movie before and chesty morgan is amazing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One time Doris Wishman and Roger Ebert were both guests on Leno or Letterman---was so cool when Ebert asked her why NUDE ON THE MOON didn't have a lot of nudity. Wishman replied something like "Roger, you don't get out much, do you?" the crowd went nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this movie! Great review.

    Swing by my page
    http://grimmreviewz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete